WordPress is the world’s largest website building program, because it has a lot of templates from all walks of life for us to use, so WordPress is loved by the majority of webmaster friends.
When we make a WordPress website, we will do SEO optimization. After all, there is traffic to survive; as long as we can survive, we will have a chance to live better. Today, I will summarize some small tips for everyone based on the case experience I have done, and hope to help everyone.
Seven SEO tips for optimizing your WordPress website
The content of the tag on the page is one of the most important factors in the search results. It is not only the text title of the tab or browser window, but also the first line that people see in the search results, followed by the URL (or breadcrumb) and code snippet, usually the meta description and date.
In order for your WordPress blog to get the traffic it deserves, you should do this:
- Search engines pay more attention to early vocabulary, so if your website keywords are near the beginning of the page title, your website is more likely to rank higher.
- People scan the results page first to see the early text. If your keyword is at the beginning of your list, your page is more likely to be clicked.
Now that we have the proper page title, we should start focusing on the website description. The page description can be used by search engines to display in code snippets, which are black text fragments displayed below the URL. The description is usually only used when it contains the keywords that the searcher is searching for.
Some plugins use so-called “auto description”. By default, they use the first sentence of the post to fill in the meta description. This is not good. The first sentence may be an introductory sentence and has little to do with this topic.
Therefore, the only well-written description is a hand-written description. If you want to automatically generate a page description, then you do n’t need to do anything, so that the Google search engine automatically selects a piece of content as the website description. If you do not use page descriptions, the search engine will find the searched keywords in your content and automatically select a string, which will display one or more bold words on the results page.
What is often overlooked in WordPress optimization is how you handle your pictures. By writing good ‘alt’ tags for images and thinking about how to name files, you can get more traffic from different image search engines. In addition, the pictures on the website can help some users who do not know the word to understand our content.
When we want to tell search engines and other search engines that the site has been updated, you can use XML Sitemaps. I recommend a useful plug-in that automatically generates an XML sitemap——-Yoast SEO.
Yoast SEO plugin will automatically configure your XML sitemap, so you do n’t have to worry about anything. After the Yoast SEO plug-in generates site maps for different article types of the website, including pictures, and ensure that it is generated and loaded.
You need to add breadcrumb navigation to your page. Breadcrumbs are links, usually above the title article, and look like “Home> Columns> Page Title”. They have two advantages:
- Allow users to easily navigate your website.
- Allow search engines to more easily determine the structure of your website.
Note: These breadcrumbs should link back to the category of the homepage and post. If the post is in multiple categories, you should choose one.
Although most themes in WordPress can be used correctly, please make sure that your article title is an ‘<h1>’ and not others.
7.Clean up excess code
Six WordPress website optimization factors to avoid
The quality of the domain name is related to the registration time of the domain name and the quantity and quality of the domain’s external links. Of course, the registration time cannot be solved immediately. It can only remind you not to change the domain name as often as possible. The longer the domain name is registered, the more friendly the Google search engine is to the domain name.
The running speed of the website is mainly related to the server and the website. The WordPress website itself has relatively high requirements for the server, but not everyone can solve the hardware problem, so the WordPress website should install as few plug-ins as possible and call JS as little as possible. The code level should be in one step to increase the speed of the website.
Try to open a webpage, it is blank for a long time, most people choose to close it later, Google search engine will also reduce your website ranking.
3.Quality and quantity of external chain
As long as the quality of the external links is high and the number is large, the website ranking will often be better. High quality depends on the quality of the external website.
Things we must pay attention to when doing external links:
- The website must be relevant
- Choose a high-quality website
- Use keywords to make links
- Be diverse
1)Flatten the website link directory and article page links, try not to have too many levels.
2)The optimization tags of commonly used HTML must be standardized. Such as:
- The use of the H tag, it is worth noting that no matter what page, the h1 tag can only appear once, it is the main title of the current page, the highest weight, the most attractive to spiders. Further down are the subheadings h2, h3, h4, h5, h6. The emphasis is also decreasing. Of course, there is no clear limit to their frequency of appearance.
- The use of strong tags, the emphasis of strong tags on keywords is second only to H tags, personal actual layout will appear in the content of the article, used to bold paragraph titles or key keywords.
- The rich hyperlinks on the website will facilitate spiders crawling, reflecting the depth and breadth of the website, which is very important in SEO.
- The pictures on the website need to add ‘alt’
This is best understood by writing as many original articles as possible. The originality of the article is extremely high, and the ranking is higher; the more original articles on the website, the higher the weight of the website.
This point is at the end, and everyone feels that there is very little technical content. But if you have read the “Google Optimization Guide”, you should be able to get to the core points. Here are some tips, everyone take a good look.
- The user enters the website through the search term, and the degree of relevance of the website to the search term;
- When users enter the website, can they find what they need immediately;
- The number of pages viewed by users on the website;
- User’s time on the website;
These are all related to the design of the website and the quality of the website content, that is, the better the user’s experience on the website, the higher the website’s ranking on the search engine.
The above are the SEO optimization tips in the wordpress website I know. If I have any leftovers, please remind me!